Now is a great time to overseed your lawn and we have all the supplies you need to do a “pro job” yourself.
- Start by using a hard rake or garden weasel to break the ground and prepare for seed.
- Next, spread the chosen grass seed (depending on the sun exposure, etc.) in your area…we are happy to help you choose. If you have a large area to seed, we recommend using a spreader which we have available to rent.
- We recommend spreading Fertilome’s New Lawn Starter Fertilizer when seeding for the “pro result” you are looking for.
- Spread a light layer of straw over the area to help retain moisture.
- Light, frequent watering in the beginning; after germination, water early morning for a longer period of time to avoid fungus.